The watercolour paper most prized by artists all over the world! Made on a cylinder mould!
• Uses: Ideal for watercolour painting, as for all wet techniques such as ink, gouache and acrylic.
• Format: Sheets, rolls, pads glued on short side, block glued on 4 sides.
• 100% cotton: The cotton gives the paper beauty, a natural, lasting whiteness and an inimitable touch as well as strength and longevity.
• Texture - 3 textures: cold pressed, hot pressed and rough. ARCHES® Aquarelle has an even, natural grain. The choice of texture will depend on the medium used by the artist. As a general rule, though, texture is a matter of personal choice for the artist, part of the process of artistic creation and expression.
• 185, 300, 356, 640 and 850 gsm: Exceptional bulk. Wide choice of grammages offering every artist the chance to choose the paper with the bulk best suited to his/her technique. Only ARCHES® offers such a high grammage paper (850 gsm) for special extra-large format work using extreme wet techniques.
• Special formulation: Sized to the core with natural gelatin: a process exclusive to ARCHES®. ARCHES® is the only paper mill in the world to gelatin size its watercolour paper “to the core”. Even if it is soaked for a long time, the paper will still retain enough gelatin not to become too absorbent.
• Colours: Natural white and bright white.
• Conservation: Fungicidal treatment to prevent the appearance of mould. With alkaline reserve, acid-free, no optical brightening agents (permanent in accordance with ISO 9706).
• Sheets: authenticity and prestige with deckled edge and watermark.