Velin BFK Rives® Sheets
Another reference in the world of high-end art publishing papers!
Made on a Cylinder mould (Traditional Process).
Quality close to that of paper made by craft methods. The slow turning of the cylinder enables the fibres to be deposited evenly and spread in all directions over the wire. The paper is therefore more homogeneous and has good dimensional stability. When printing, the job of positioning the humidified paper is much easier and the paper can easily withstand repeated passages through the press. Only papermaking on a cylinder mould can produce paper with deckle edges.
• Uses: Pencil, pastel, charcoal, sanguine crayon, graphite, felt pen, calligraphy, lithography, intaglio engraving, relief printing, linocut, letterpress, screen-printing, hot-foil stamping, bookbinding, heat embossing, collotype printing
• Formats: Sheets, roll, reel, pads glued on the short side
• 100% cotton: Paper with very good mechanical strength. Pleasure of using a soft, supple, noble material (unbelievable feel).
• Texture: Light fine grain: perfectly balanced soft grain and smooth surface that brings out the slightest detail. Allows the artist to obtain shadow and light effects, to create contrasts.
• 115, 175, 180, 250, 270, 280, 300gsm: Wide choice of grammages offering every artist the chance to choose the paper with the bulk best suited to his/her technique, the lightest one being suited to art publishing.
• Special formulation: Lightly sized: smooth, absorbent surface suitable for all printmaking techniques. Velin BFK Rives® is greatly appreciated by art publishers for its “love” of ink.
• Colours: White, natural, cream-white, cream, grey, tan, black, extra white. The paper in the ARCHES® range that offers the largest choice of colours, allowing for a wider spectrum of creative uses (hot-foil stamping, blind embossing, etc.) or special applications (prints, greetings cards, invitations and announcement cards, etc.).
• Sheets: authenticity and prestige with deckle edges and watermark.
• Conservation: With alkaline reserve, acid-free, no optical brightening agents (permanent in accordance with ISO 9701).