Velin d’ARCHES® Sheets
The reference in the art world since 1492 and a standard that all other high-end publishing papers have followed!
Made on a Cylinder mould (Traditional Process). Made today on a cylinder mould, the slow turning of the cylinder enables the fibres to be deposited evenly and spread in all directions over the wire. The paper is homogeneous and has very good dimensional stability. Only papermaking on a cylinder mould can produce paper with deckle edges.
• Uses: Pencil, pastel, charcoal, sanguine crayon, felt pen, lithography, intaglio engraving, relief printing, linocut, letterpress, screen-printing, blind embossing, hot-foil stamping, bookbinding, collotype printing
• Formats: Sheets, roll, reels, pads glued on the short side.
• 100% cotton: Paper with very good mechanical strength. Pleasure of using a soft, supple, noble material (unbelievable feel).
• Texture: Pronounced fine grain: ideal for academic drawing. Allows the artist to play with the surface, to obtain relief effects. It is easily erasable without leaving marks or linting.
• 160, 200, 250, 270, 300, 400gsm: Wide choice of grammages offering every artist the chance to choose the paper with the bulk best suited to his/her technique.
• Special Formulation: Lightly sized - ideal for printing, Velin d’ARCHES® paper is greatly appreciated by art publishers for its “love” of ink.
• Colour: Natural white, cream, black. Ideal paper for classical or academic drawing, offers a multitude of possibilities for art publishing.
• Sheets: authenticity and prestige with deckle edges and watermark.
• Conservation: With alkaline reserve, acid-free, no optical brightening agents (permanent in accordance with ISO 9701).